WES Warriors History
White Elementary School was founded in 1890 in the city of White, Georgia. A new facility was built in 1974 after a fire destroyed the original school building. The school is located in a rural setting about fifty miles northwest of Atlanta. Construction in 1985 added art and music classrooms and an adjacent gymnasium. An additional wing was built in 1994. White Elementary School is one of twelve elementary schools in the Bartow County School System. While the setting of the school is rural, the students come from diverse backgrounds including suburban, small town, rural, and farm settings. In March 2014 White Elementary began construction of a new Media Center, Main Entrance and front office area, additional classrooms, as well as the remodeling of all offices, and repurposing of the old media center for classroom space.
WES Time Capsule
In 1990, to commemorate White School's 100th year, a time capsule was buried on the school campus. Students, parents and staff members contributed ideas as to what actually went into the time capsule.
There are local and national publications, toys which were popular at that time (Ninja Turtles, Barbie, Hot Wheels Cars, etc.), text books and other items in the capsule. The opening date is set for 2040, fifty years after the capsule was created.
Our Principal History:
Amy Heater July 2011-Present
Evie Barge May 16, 2006 - June 2011
Avis King April 1, 2004- May 15, 2006
Sherry Glaze 2000-March 31, 2004
Jim Curry 1991-2000
John W. May
P.W. Bernard, Sr.
Wyman C. Lowe
Berta (Stubbs) Elrod